Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community! To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to matters related to seniors housing. This is a great platform to utilize as a tool to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions regarding the platform and/or the community rules and guidelines should be directed to the Alberta Seniors and Community Housing Association (ASCHA) via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact ASCHA via the Contact Us link. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question and you could offer assistance.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. The information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- The foundation of this platform is rooted in our ASCHA's Core Values, as follows. As such, all materials must abide by these Core Values.
- The platform follows a three strikes policy, as follows:
- First Violation: A written notice is sent to the individual member who violates the guidelines.
- Second Violation: A second written notice is sent to the individual member who violates the guidelines as well as their member organization. Both are warned regarding the implications of having a third violation.
- Third Violation: The member organization's account is suspended and no longer has community access until further written authorization.
- All posts by both regular and associate members are subject to moderation by ASCHA Administration. All posts made will not appear immediately as they will have to be approved by an Administrator. Content will be moderated until the point in which it is no longer necessary.
- Education and resources are the focus of the community. There will be no sales posts and no pricing allowed to be shared in the community. As a vendor of a product or service, you are welcome to ask members to contact you directly.
- Please do not post advertising or pricing on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others will see it. Share information with community members for product and service information if they request it.
- Comments posted for the purpose of selling a product or service are prohibited and will be subject to non-approval.
- Use caution when discussing products. The information posted on the Discussions and within the Libraries are available for all ASCHA Members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
Organizational Membership Rules
- Any ASCHA Member leadership team member has the authority to manage who from ASCHA member organization can maintain an account on ASCHA Connect. As such, ASCHA requires that permissions be granted from a senior leader in the organization prior to the acceptance of other staff or board members. To manage this, ASCHA will be contacting main contacts we have for ASCHA Member organizations who will be responsible for granting permissions to other team members.
- If an organization’s ASCHA Membership is terminated/not renewed, all accounts under that organization will be suspended by an ASCHA Administrator without notice.
- If a staff member leaves your ASCHA Member organization, it is the responsibility of the member organization to inform ASCHA of this so the account can be closed. Please submit leave notices via the Contact Us link.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State topics concisely and clearly in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject matter.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- Frequent abuse of these etiquette guidelines could result in account suspension.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of ASCHA. ASCHA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ASCHA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ASCHA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASCHA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ASCHA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ASCHA we will take all appropriate action.
ASCHA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information, please contact us via the Contact Us link.